Just in case you haven’t already gotten your fill of photos from India’s Kumbh Mela festival, here’s one more:
This week’s WordPress photo challenge asked us to post a shot from the bird’s eye view. I remember wishing I had a lookout tower to climb when I was at the Kumbh Mela, because an aerial shot of the millions of people wandering up the tent-lined streets and down the banks of the Ganges would have been amazing.
However, I had to settle for a bridge as my tower, and a campsite instead of millions. Nevertheless, it’s an accurate portrayal of life during the Kumbh festival, where makeshift beds sprout up everywhere, and cooking in the sand is how the millions while away their time, after their religious rituals, of course.
- Kumbh Mela India
- India in Images: Life in the Holy City of Haridwar
- Life & Death Along the Ghats of Varanasi, India
- Photo of the day – “Kumbh Mela”, the largest migration of humanity on earth (baddiesboogie.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (myweeklyphoto.wordpress.com)
- From Above (Weekly Photo Challenge) (http://tincantraveler.wordpress.com)
Weekly Photo Challenge: Kumbh Mela From Above