Chiang Mai is one of my favorite cities in Thailand, with its cooler temperatures, laid back vibe and its walled-in Old Town encircled by a 4-mile mote. It’s what many consider Thailand’s adventure capital, and the best place to ride an elephant, take a cooking class, watch a Muay Thai fight or a lady-boy talent show, and to participate in Songkran (where the mote comes in handy).
However, one of my favorite things to do there is rent a motorbike and drive outside the city, toward the famous Doi Suthep temple and stop at several of the beautiful sites along the way, including this Huay Kaew waterfall.
This photo is for this week’s WordPress Photo Challenge: “In the Background.” The goal was to shoot something that focuses on the foreground, but where the background plays an important role in making the photo whole.
What’s your favorite thing to do in Chiang Mai?
- Chiang Mai’s Most Famous Temple
- Bangkok to Chiang Mai via Overnight Train
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (Reflections) (skpfoto.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : In the Background (momentsinyourlife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In The Background (joyandwoe.wordpress.com)
- Top 5 : Waterfall in Chiang Mai (outdooryogachiangmai.me)
- Songkran 2013 in Chiang Mai (theraintreefoundation.wordpress.com)